Saturday, July 5, 2008

Tree for Me!

So the other day was my 19th birthday, and i recently just got my drivers license, so that morning of my birthday I needed to buy car insurance. I ended up going with Progressive because they gave me the best deal. While buying my insurance i had to call the company to get everything finalized and official and that is when i was very glad that i had picked progressive, They offered me the option to go paperless... where everything and all the documents where signed and kept online, and I excitedly agreed. So i can happily say with all the paperwork i had to read... none of it was paper! Not only did i save paper but know I can always find my insurance documents because they are saved on two computers, plus the company lets me access them though their website! And lastly, by choosing to go paper-less the company planted a tree for me in my name. It was a great birthday present. But that was not the only way i went paperless on my birthday.
Every year for my birthday I have friends and family over for cake and a fun backyard party and thanks to modern technology and word of mouth no paper invitations where sent out. I used Myspace to contact most of my friends, and phoned the rest. I have even decided to use no decorations ( balloons and streamers) this year, they usually just get ripped down and ruined anyway...

Well that is about it for now. I have been out on vacation in Iowa and i have lots of videos and cool things to post about how Iowa has become more energy efficient so i will be getting on that soon...but for now good bye!!

No comments: