Sunday, June 15, 2008

Trying Harder This Summer

Hello. My name is Rachel Lane and I am currently 18 years young. I have been a resident of the state of Nevada since I was born. I was born in the City of Las Vegas and I have lived in North Las Vegas up until last summer when I moved up to Reno to go to school. Now I am back home in N. LV until school starts up again.
I have always been conscious of my impact on the environment and have been really into recycling and helping make our planet a safer place for all of us to live, but now that i am home for the summer sitting on my butt and watching planet green all day, I really feel that i am not doing enough.
I believe that the small things really do count, like turning off your lights when not in the room, or unplugging electronics not in use, but i feel like i need to be doing more...and i wanted to start by making this blog to keep track of how i am doing and to inform others of what they can do as well because we are all in this together.
My Plan is like i said to keep track of my progress to become more green, and help others become more green along the way. I want to also talk about things i learn, and things i find interesting.
I hope people come to read what i have to say and help me out as well. Maybe let me know what they wanna hear about... or any suggestions or stories they might have.
So that's about it for now. So please help me keep it green.

~Rachel

No comments: